Fire Door Surveys
Fire Door Survey – From £295+vat
Need a fire door survey? City Fire Training have accredited fire door surveyors. Each door in your building can be inspected and will included in a comprehensive report. Our reports provide a Pass / Fail standard and will also include any remedial works needed to bring to fire door pass standard.
Call 0207 419 5001 for a quotation
The Fire Safety Order 2005 Section 5 requires the responsible person of a workplace or building to ensure that articles 8 to 22 of the FSO to maintain fire precautions in the building.
Fire door surveys will help the responsible person identify which doors may require attention.
Fire door survey
A fire door survey can help the responsible persons understand whether persons can escape from a building safely and also confirm they are complying with fire safety law.
Following a number of fires across the United Kingdom, many responsible persons are understanding the need for a comprehensive fire door survey. As accredited fire door surveyors, we check the following points in your fire door survey:
- Any door identification marks or room numbers
- Barcodes if supplied
- Door type. For example FD30, fire exit or also standard door
- Location of the door
- Door material
- The material of the frame
- Dimensions of the door
- What type of door set. For example – a single door, a double door or also a door and a half leaf.
- Has the frame passed?
- Are the hinges correct, CE marked, fitted with the correct screws, in good order
- Have any locks or door furniture fitted passed the inspection?
- Is the glass CE approved / fire safety glass and also fitted correctly?
- Are seals and strips fitted in good order?
- Does the self closer work correctly?
- Has the structure of the door and frame passed?
- Is the door fitted with the correct signage?
- Are the gaps between doors, doors and frames and also doors and floors adequate?
The report will also include an overall Pass/ Fail evaluation and also inspectors notes about each door. Where necessary, the report will contain a photo of any door to explain the assessors findings.
Fees and charges
Fire door surveys are based on the number of fire doors and also other doors in the building. A minimum charge is payable. Either call us or email for a quotation for your building. Please supply the following info regarding your quotation; the type of building, the number of doors in the building and also whether the fire doors have been addressed a significant finding in the fire risk assessment.
Frequently asked questions
Do you cover fire doors on your training courses?
- Yes we discuss fire door checks that can be carried out in house. The subject is also covered in the hazard spotting session. However, we do not provide information that would equip someone to carry out a fire door survey.
How much does a fire door survey cost?
- The cost of the fire door survey will depend on the number of fire doors and fire exits in the building. There is a minimum fee which is based on our half day rate. In addition, it will also depend on the type of building and its location. Either call us or email us for a quote.
Why do we need a fire door survey? Are they not covered in the fire risk assessment?
- Fire doors are covered in a fire risk assessment. However, this will not be an in depth look at the door and will not necessarily provide details of repair. A fire door survey is an in depth look at the door, frame, glass, door furniture, signage, self closer and also gaps.