Fire safety checks – emergency lighting
Fire safety checks – emergency lighting is important to help persons in a building can escape safely. This guide will help managers decide whether their emergency lighting is adequate.
Where the answer to one of the following questions is no, the emergency lighting should be reviewed or upgraded.
- Is there enough light to enable the escape routes to be used safely at all times when the building is occupied. This should include winter months, evenings, nights and also in the event of a power cut?
- Is there enough light to enable the fire precautions to be used safely at all times the building is occupied? This should include winter months, evenings, nights and also in the event of a power cut?
- Fire safety checks – emergency lighting. Is there emergency lighting in all areas in the workplace that have no natural light or borrowed light, from which staff may have to escape from or go through in the event of a fire?
- Is there enough light outside the building that will light the escape routes leading to assembly points?
- Fire safety checks – emergency lighting. Is the emergency lighting system tested every month and six monthly by a competent person?
- Does a qualified engineer test the system each year or in accordance with the design specification?
- Are emergency lighting tests recorded in the fire log book?
Fire marshal and fire warden courses
Emergency lighting and also testing is discussed on our fire marshal and also fire warden courses. In addition, fire alarm test, fire extinguisher checks and also door and exit checks are included. Booking a course with us is so easy. Either email or phone us with your preferred date. A booking form will be sent and once we have your details and also you have agreed our terms, your course places will be booked.
We also provide live fire training exercises on our courses. All staff on our courses will get a certificate and also online notes on request. If you have any questions, either call or email us now.
For info on fire risk assessments either call or email us.